Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Lashkar-e-Taiba Operatives Admit To Mumbai Massacre


Whoa! This article here at The Long War Journal is absolutely damning to both Lashkar-e-Taiba and the Pakistani government's cover up of Lashkar's guilt - read the whole thing! The Lashkar-e-Taiba operatives that were rounding up by the Pakistanis after the Mumbai attack are singing like canaries and now, the U.S. and Britain have provided even more damning evidence of more Lashkar-e-Taiba responsibility. Here's some of the article:


A Lashkar-e-Taiba leader in Pakistani custody admitted to his role in last month's terror assault in the Indian city of Mumbai, Pakistani sources told The Wall Street Journal. The confession comes as the US and UK provided recording of another senior Lashkar leader speaking to one of the Mumbai terrorists during the operation.

Zarar Shah, "is singing," a Pakistani official involved with the interrogation told the newspaper. Shah is the Lashkar-e-Taiba communications expert who set up the network that allowed the Mumbai terrorists to speak with Lashkar-e-Taiba commanders in Pakistan during the attack. He also serves as a key liaison between the terror group and Pakistan's Inter-Service Intelligence agency. Pakistani police detained Shah earlier this month during raids on Lashkar's offices and train camps.

Meanwhile, the United States is pressuring Pakistan to turn over Zaki-ur Rehman Lakhvi, the military commander of the Lashkar-e-Taiba, Dawn reported. The US has provided Pakistan with communications intercepts between Lakhvi and the Mumbai terrorists. Lakhvi was also detained by Pakistani police during the sweeps against Lashkar offices and camps.

Now, here comes the sticky part and believe me, this could really bring some trouble in the region between India and Pakistan:


Pakistan has rejected the evidence of Lashkar’s complicity in Mumbai that was turned over by India, the US, and the UK. Pakistani officials said the information is "inadmissible in court," Dawn reported. "They said that since the confessions had been obtained under severe pressure by the Indians, this could not be admissible in judicial process. They have insisted that the information provided would not stand scrutiny in any court."

As you can see, there is a MOUNTAIN of evidence that this attack was planned, executed and now being covered up in Pakistan. If the Pakistani government goes down this road of rejecting this evidence and if these operatives who planned this mission are set free or get a slap on the wrist, I thoroughly expect India to take action INSIDE of Pakistan against Lashkar-e-Taiba and that of course will bring serious trouble. The Pakistanis better suck it up and realize that the terror group in their midst is caught red-handed and best give them up.


Lashkar-e-Taiba operatives directly linked to Mumbai

Ajmal Amir Kasab, the only Mumbai terrorist captured by Indian police, admitted his 10-man team trained in Lashkar camps in Pakistan with the support of the Inter-Service Intelligence agency and launched their attack from the Pakistani port city of Karachi.
Sabauddin Ahmed and Fahim Ansari, two other Lashkar operatives detained earlier this month, also confirmed elements of Shah and Kasab's account.

Since the Mumbai attack, Pakistan's president, prime minister, and national security advisor have said evidence on Kasab's nationality was insufficient. "Have you seen any evidence to that effect," President Asif Ali Zardari said when asked if Kasab was a Pakistan during a BBC interview in mid-December. "I have definitely not seen any real evidence to that effect."
Yesterday, National Security Adviser Mahmud Ali Durrani refused to admit Kasab was a Pakistani citizen. "Could be," Durrani said when asked if Kasab was a Pakistani citizen. "I am not saying more than that because we don't have, I hate to say this we don't have proof."
But Pakistan has been given proof of Kasab's nationality. Kasab himself admitted he is from Pakistan and submitted a request for consular access. The request is "under review" by Pakistan's foreign office.
Kasab's father and neighbors were interviewed by Pakistani television and news outlets and confirmed he was indeed from Pakistan. His own father identified him and provided a nearly identical account of his son's background as Kasab gave to Indian intelligence. "This is the truth," Kasab's father told a Pakistani news outlet. "I have seen the picture in the newspaper. This is my son Ajmal."

3 comments:

Sharku said...

Pakistan has known all along that the attacks were planned at home. They have no doubts about the terrorists in their country, and have even taken some small steps in taking them out. The pakis have lost a few thousand people to these murderers. The real problem is handing a muslim over to the kuffar for punishment. Terrorism isnt the problem, the problem is Islam.

Anonymous said...

When does the bombing start?

Holger Awakens said...

Shark and Federale,

I honestly believe that India will not sit still for this - we better brace ourselves for some heavy fighting there in the near future - Federale...I would say Indian bombs will be flying in about 45 days.

:Holger Danske