Friday, April 19, 2013

Boston Jihadi Bomber Suspect #2 Taken Into Custody

He gave up.

The living brother of the pair of Chechen jihadis who escaped last night has just been taken into custody.  He is wounded from last night's gun fire but is on his way to the hospital.  Alive.

From Yahoo News.


Boston Marathon bomber manhunt: Police nab suspect alive

BOSTON—After a day-long manhunt that completely shut down the city of Boston, police nabbed the 19-year-old suspected Marathon bomber, who was hiding out in a boat in a Boston suburb.

An ambulance has arrived at the scene to take the suspect, Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, away. A volley of gunfire was heard in the Watertown area around 7:00 p.m., and police told residents to stay inside and shelter in place as SWAT teams rushed in. Tsarnaev was found in a boat in the yard of a home on Franklin Street, close to where he and his older brother engaged in a shootout with police nearly 24 hours earlier. Police earlier warned that the suspect could be armed or wearing explosives.

A neighbor told ABC News that the homeowner saw blood on the outside of his boat and then lifted the cover to find a person inside.

Watertown residents--finally able to leave their homes--broke into cheers after word spread that the suspect was captured.

Just an hour earlier, police announced that the 19-year-old suspected bomber had so far eluded capture after fleeing from police on foot early Friday morning.

Thousands of law enforcement officers conducted a nearly 24-hour door-to-door manhunt for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who is believed to have helped plant two bombs at Monday's Boston Marathon that wounded more than 170 people and left three dead. Officials announced at 6:00 p.m. news conference that they had been unable to apprehend the suspect, despite combing through a 20-block area of the Boston suburb of Watertown and shutting down the city's entire public transportation system in an effort to prevent him from fleeing. They said they did not know if he had a car, or if he was still on foot.

Gov. Deval Patrick lifted his previous "shelter in place," or lockdown, order for the city of Boston and many surrounding areas of the city. But Patrick urged Bostonians to continue to be "vigilant" as the "very dangerous" armed suspect has not been apprehended.

An overnight police chase and shootout left Dzhokhar's 26-year-old brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev dead and Dzhokhar on the lam.

Federal investigators had released photos and videos of the two men hours earlier, showing them in the vicinity of the marathon finish line before the twin explosions. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was seen placing a backpack on the ground minutes before the blast, investigators said.

One police officer was killed and another seriously wounded during the violent spree. The city of Boston and its surrounding areas ground to a standstill for hours as police went door to door searching for the suspect in the suburb of Watertown.

Police said they had uncovered several improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in Watertown and in the brothers' home in Cambridge.

Tsarnaev is a student at the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth. The Tsarnaev family is originally from Chechnya, a volatile and once war-torn southern Russian republic. The family fled to Kyrgyzstan and eventually immigrated to the United States as refugees about 10 years ago.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you think Holger? Doku Umarov involved?

Wilhelm, Vilnius Lithuania

Findalis said...

Let's give him a fair trial, a last dinner of pork chops, bacon and pig's blood, and a needle in the arm.

Brian Glover said...

I still say strap his ass to a missile and send him to daddy.