Monday, January 7, 2013

Chuck Hagel: ‘Not One Shred Of Evidence That I’m Anti-Israel’...Oh, Really Chuck?

Chuck Hagel had this to say today in regards to the criticism he is getting for being anti-Israel:

Hagel, a former Republican senator from Nebraska, told the Lincoln Journal-Star he had been “hanging out there in no-man’s land unable to respond to charges, falsehoods and distortions” without the ability to respond while Republicans and foreign policy hawks “completely distorted” his record on Iran and Israel.

There is “not one shred of evidence that I’m anti-Israeli, not one [Senate] vote that matters that hurt Israel,” Hagel said.

Oh really, Chuck.

What about this?






and what about this, Chuck?




Looks like a couple of "shreds" there, Chuck.

Article comes from Pat Dollard.


Chuck Hagel: ‘Not One Shred Of Evidence That I’m Anti-Israel’


Excerpted from Politico: Chuck Hagel shot back against critics in an interview with his hometown newspaper published shortly after President Barack Obama nominated him on Monday to head the Pentagon, insisting there is “not one shred of evidence that I’m anti-Israeli.”

Hagel, a former Republican senator from Nebraska, told the Lincoln Journal-Star he had been “hanging out there in no-man’s land unable to respond to charges, falsehoods and distortions” without the ability to respond while Republicans and foreign policy hawks “completely distorted” his record on Iran and Israel.

There is “not one shred of evidence that I’m anti-Israeli, not one [Senate] vote that matters that hurt Israel,” Hagel said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still don't get why our defense secretary nominee should be vetted by a foreign countries lobby. We don't tell Israel who to elect or pick as defense minister.
I'm tired of our politicians always making decision for our country based on Israel and what Israel's right wing wants us to do. Enough is enough.

Chuck Hagel himself said it quite eloquently:

"I'm not an Israeli senator. I'm a United States senator." "I support Israel, but my first interest is i take an oath of office to the Constitution of the United States, not to a President, not to a party, not to Israel. If I go run for senate in Israel, I'll do that."

How is Hagel's nomination a threat to AMERICA? This country! Israel is an ally that's all. And we as a nation have had a history of screwing our allies as well. Like the British and the Kurds. Seriously he's nominated for office in this country not in Israel.