Saturday, December 25, 2010

1st Lt. Michael Behenna Denied Clemency


You know, it's almost surreal that today, the one day of the year that brings so much joy and hope to all men on this Earth, that my heart could be breaking, but it is. I just returned home to clean out a full email cache and what I found was an email from a day or so ago from the parents of 1st Lt. Michael Behenna that Michael had received word on the 22nd of December that his clemency hearing, on December 9th, had been to no avail - that Michael would not have a single day taken off his sentence in Leavenworth prison. Three days before Christmas, the U.S. Army sends that out to a soldier who has given everything he has to serve this country.

My heart goes out to Michael today - I only hope he somehow knows how much I am thinking of him, praying for him. And I hope he knows how many of us out here will not, I repeat, WILL NOT give up until he is released from Leavenworth. My prayers today also go out to Michael's family and friends who must be agonizing through this day of Christmas.

I am convinced at this time that there is only one man left who can take up the torch of Michael's freedom and can get something done and that is newly elected Congressman Lt. Col Allen West. I am writing an email this day, in just a few minutes to Col. West to ask him that he takes up Michael's cause once he is sworn into the House of Representatives. If any Holger readers would like to join me, the current way to contact Lt. Col West is at this site link:


http://www.allenwestforcongress.com/contact


Please join me today in saying a prayer for Michael - let him know through Christ how much we care for him, how much we support him and that today, he is not alone.

1 comment:

~Christie~ said...

"Thank you" Holger for posting this and I hit send on my email prior to posting my comment here. As you said, we WILL NOT give up the fight...

In spite of this horrible news, I hope that you had a Merry Christmas my friend!!!




GOD Bless America & Our Troops...
silence is NOT an option!