Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Thanksgiving Day Prayer




A Thanksgiving Day Prayer



Lord, so often times, as any other day
When we sit down to our meal and pray

We hurry along and make fast the blessing
Thanks, amen. Now please pass the dressing

We're slaves to the olfactory overload
We must rush our prayer before the food gets cold

But Lord, I'd like to take a few minute more
To really give thanks to what I'm thankful for

For my family, my health, a nice soft bed
My friends, my freedom, a roof over my head

I'm thankful right now to be surrounded by those
Whose lives touch me more than they'll ever possibly know

Thankful Lord, that You've blessed me beyond measure
Thankful that in my heart lives life's greatest treasure

That You, dear Jesus, reside in that place
And I'm ever so grateful for Your unending grace

So please, heavenly Father, bless this food You've provided
And bless each and every person invited

Amen!

--Scott Wesemann

4 comments:

Henry Bowman said...

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL....

Thanks Holger for your hard work..


Thank God everyday.....



God Bless the Allied Military...

God Save the United States

Holger Awakens said...

Henry,

My thoughts and prayers are with you this day as your Thanksgiving Day table seems more empty. My G_d give you strength during this Holiday season.

Thank you, sir, for all you do for this blog.

:Holger Danske

~Christie~ said...

Love the Prayer for this day of thanks...fitting indeed!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Holger and also congratulations on this day being your 3 year anniversary of Holger Awakens. I personally want to
"thank you" for your continued devotion to the fight...you're spot on my friend!!! Looking forward to another year here...
keeps us all motivated to stay
active, ya betcha!!!



GOD Bless America & Our Troops...
silence is NOT an option!

sofa said...

Happy Thankgiving to the whole Holger crew.

Thank you for all you do.