Saturday, September 11, 2010

September Eleventh, Two Thousand One

September 11, 2001. A day, I would contend, that changed the lives of more Americans than any other event in this country's history. Remember it, Honor it, Mourn it, Avenge it.












Untitled

As americans we should take a stand,
and replenish what has been taken from our home land.
We saw this happen before our eyes,
all because of terrorists in disguise.
we never thought we'd see the day,
the twin towers would perish away.
That day they did and so many more,
and we never even thought they'd collapse to the floor.
Well, we were wrong, but now we have our turn,
to rebuild our lives, these terrorists will learn.
To this day, 9/11 has been a solemn time,
as nobody could believe why anyone would commit this crime.
From here on out we will remember this day,
and never let the thoughts of our heroes slip away.
As americans we will never forget, we will remember,
yeah we will remember forever.

- author unknown


SPECIAL GARDEN (A Child cry to his Daddy)

In my garden, I will plant some of Daddy's things

The hat he wears for his favorite baseball team.
His special notes he wrote to me.
His favorite songs he likes to sing.
His special collect cars he bought last spring.

His favorite tie that has grease stains.
His favorite fishing pole, even though he has never caught anything.

And I'm going to plant some of my tears, these come from me.
Every night before I go to sleep, I will go out to my special garden
and pray over Daddy's things.

(c)copyright Natasha Flowers 2002

No comments: