Friday, November 28, 2008

Video: Friday Tunes: Pokerface - Rather Die Than Be Your Slave




Rather Die Than Be Your Slave

I do not wish this life to pass awayBut life presents such possibilities - Each and every dayI heard a calling that was right for meI prayed for strength for what’s a head of me - Please show me the wayThe sun rose high and burnt the night awayWho stood before me was my enemy - Don’t tread on meHe’s come to take away my libertiesI’d rather die than be a slave to thee - Don’t treat me this way


CHORUS: I’d rather die than be your slaveI will survive, and you’ll feel my rageIts not a question of being braveI’d just rather die, than be your slave

CHORUS

It didn’t matter who shot first that dayThey killed my brothers, they laid dead by me - I’m covered in their bloodWe hit them hard we made them pay that dayWe hung the traitors from the highest trees - No mercy from meWe lost a lot our pain was heavyWe sacrificed for GOD and country - No more colonyStill held the ground that was in front of meThis was our price to pay for liberty - Still you hear me say


CHORUS

Much time has past, we repeat history Our toys have changed while man has stayed the same - Evil in his waysTribal families rule not over meI will not let them rape our liberties - We’ll die for them today

No comments: