Monday, July 28, 2008

Islamic Jihad In The Headlines


Okay, I've never done this before here at Holger Awakens but as I looked through headline after headline today, it occurred to me just how bad off our world was this day, July 28th, 2008, because of islamic jihad. We've all seen the clicker that shows the number of terror attacks since 9/11 - I've got one right over -----> there on the sidebar, but have you ever really looked at the impact in just one day? So what I'm going to do here is simply put up the headlines I've seen today - there won't be links (I don't have all day, folks), but I think it will really show just what kind of a mess we have on our hands. And hopefully, it will wake a few up to the fact that the world is under siege by islam. Anyway, here goes (by the way, a few of these may be spillovers from yesterday):


Terrorist Attacks Unsettling India


Bombings may threaten India-Pakistan relations


Suspected Indonesian Militants Executed Christian Teacher, Planned To Kill U.S. Teacher, Attack Court


Police Investigate Istanbul Bombings


Iraqi bombings kill dozens, wound more than 200


Al-Qaeda video urges Saudi monarch's killing for dialogue with Pope


(Philippines) Basilan launches drive vs kidnap-for-ransom gangs


(Iraq) Suicide attacks kill 57 in Baghdad, Kirkuk


(Afghanistan) Report: Insurgent attacks up by half in Afghanistan; aid groups under fire


Four female suicide bombers killed 70 Iraqis and wounded more than 300 in attacks in Kirkuk and Baghdad.


The death toll in yesterday's serial bombings in Ahmedabad climbed to 49.


Mullah Fazlullah threatened to launch suicide attacks if the government launches an operation in Swat.


At least 15 people were killed and 154 injured in a dual bomb attack in Istanbul.


Al Qaeda claims car bomb attack on Yemen police compound

2 comments:

Holger Awakens said...

brent,

Once again, your comments add much to this blog. You have great insight and I find myself nodding throughout your commentary.

If you'd ever want to publish a post or two here, just let me know - I'd love to see what you could do with a whole article on the subject of jihad.

:Holger Danske

Anonymous said...

That's kind of you to offer that. I thank you and will keep it in mind. For what it's worth - I also thank you for your dedication in your work on 'Holger Awakens,' as I know how much work is involved in an undertaking like this. Be encouraged that you are helping to wake up the slumbering masses.