Saturday, March 8, 2008

Israeli Fighter Jets Scrambled To Intercept Plane That Failed To Identify


Okay, it was a brief scare at Israel's Ben Gurion airport but it's a sign of how everyone in Israel, at the moment, is sitting on pins and needles ... and rightfully so.
From YNET News:


A Lufthansa passenger airline created a brief panic at Ben Gurion airport on Saturday afternoon after it failed to identify itself upon entering the airfield's airspace.
IDF fighter jets scrambled to intercept it, but a short while later the error was rectified and the plane landed safely. The Lufthansa pilot will be questioned at the airport. (Tani Goldstein)

UPDATE ON ISRAEL RESPONSE TO JERUSALEM ATTACK:

Now, I have to add something about perusing the news wire services today regarding Israel and the Middle East. It is quiet. Very quiet. And in my opinion, if you are a Hamas leader, a Hezbollah leader, a Syrian leader or an Iranian leader, that is cause for great concern. I firmly believe that Israel will avenge the murders of their young people at the Jerusalem seminary. But, instead of just plowing a bunch of tanks into the West Bank or into Gaza (as the perpetrators of this atrocity wanted), I believe Israel is busy putting the final touches on a plan to cut off some jihadist leadership heads. My guess is that we will see Israeli action put into play starting tomorrow and in the end, it will be far reaching.

It's my contention that the Jerusalem attack was always a contingency plan by the jihadists - it had been developed long ago and it was brought out of the coffers after the assasination of Mughniyeh in Syria. My gut feeling is that the only ones that could have developed a plan that would get that deep inside of Israeli defenses would be the Iranians. If you recall, the most elaborate attack on U.S. forces/U.S. defense contractors in the Iraq War was the mission conjured up by the Iranians where they used American military vehicles and uniforms and got DEEP into American defense positions. Also, the Iranians' expertise is in attacks with weapons, not suicide bombers. This was an assassination plot and in my view, has Persian finger prints all over it.

I think the Israelis are discovering that Iran planned it, Syria helped strategize it, Hezbollah supported it and Hamas got people on the ground for it. And my guess is all four will pay dearly in the next few days. One can only hope.

4 comments:

Avid Editor said...

I really hope you are right. If Israel doesn't strike back hard it will just encourage the monsters to strike again. I am praying for some Jihadi blood.

Holger Awakens said...

Avid,

I think we will see some things start to happen tomorrow. By making the retribution count at the higher levels, it will take some time and planning and effort to get some squads into place.

I heard somewhere that 8 had been arrested in regards to the massacre - the intel coming out of that should confirm the designers of this plot.

:Holger Danske

TeachESL said...

Get yourself on Facebook!

Holger Awakens said...

Chaya,

Thank you for stopping by.
I'm not really sure what you mean by me getting on Facebook...can you clarify that?

:Holger Danske