Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sderot Mayor Is Willing To Have Ceasefire Talks With Hamas


I've seen it all now. Now, I can understand that being mayor of Sderot, Israel has been a real challenge over the past month of incessant missile attacks by Hamas, but for Eli Moyal to now tell Hamas he's willing to talk with them about a ceasefire is insane. And to add salt to the wounds, Hamas' response to Moyal was to shove it. So there you have it...this mayor caves in and is embarassed in front of the world.
I'm nowhere near qualified to be mayor of Sderot but it seems to me that this guy should be sitting on the floor outside of Olmert's office instead of sending in surrenderist emails to Hamas. He should be demanding non-stop talks with Olmert about how to move Hamas out of range of his town of Sderot.
Hamas doesn't negotiate. Hamas doesn't do anything but kill. And Hamas will not understand anything but the rain of hellfires down on their leaders and jihadists. Hamas only understands one language and it's high time Olmert starts speaking that language. Sderot will be one peaceful place when the remains of Hamas are left smoldering in Gaza.

Full story here.


Sderot Mayor to Hamas: Let's Talk

(IsraelNN.com) Eli Moyal, the mayor of the shell-shocked Negev town of Sderot, said in a weekend interview that he is ready to talk to Hamas. The statement comes about a week after he demanded the assassination of the Hamas leadership and for Gaza villages to be razed.
In an interview for the British paper "The Guardian," Moyal said: "I would say to Hamas, let's have a ceasefire, let's stop the rockets for the next 10 years and we will see what happens."

He later clarified that he is not calling upon the Israeli government to talk with Hamas, but that he personally would be willing to talk to Hamas if it would help.
Moyal said he was approached by an Israeli intermediary to engage in talks with Hamas in Egypt but the meeting fell through because it was "complicated." "I believe that if they call me again I will be ready to do it. I will do the best I can to have that meeting," he added. "For me as a person the most important thing is life and I'm ready to do everything for that. I'm ready to talk to the devil."

Moyal said Israel was at risk of losing the moral high ground if political pressure for a massive military operation grows."Let's stop the rockets for the next 10 years and we will see what happen."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wait unitl President Obama starts begging for peace.

Holger Awakens said...

No kidding Shark.

I figure one of Obama's first trips overseas would be to walk the streets of Gaza with a pali scarf on his head, handing out candy to palis.

I wonder...has CAIR contributed to the Obama campaign?

:Holger Danske