Monday, July 12, 2010

Holger Asks Why #33: Appreciation


Holger Asks Why . . .


I've been paying federal and state income taxes for a very long time. I've contributed much of my hard earned dollars to pay for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Public Assistance, Food Stamps, WIC, and an endless list of other entitlement programs. So now I ask why....WHY have I NEVER gotten so much as a thank you from any one of the recipients of my hard earned money?

Why is it that the people that take my money, which is forcibly taken from me, refuse to thank me for feeding them and clothing them, but instead give me the finger and only ask for more?




---

3 comments:

Big Bob said...

Not one of those programs is legal for the Feds to do.

Proof: 10th amendment
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

If you read without understanding you too can be a congressman.

Lysol said...

Several of my co-workers were born and raised in China. They say the entitlements here are way beyond Chinas.

In China, if you don't work, you starve... literally.

They also have no Social Security program there.

If you run out of money in your elder years, you starve... literally.

Welfare Wendy said...

I ate breakfast this morning paid for by WIC. Lost my job but my kids still eat.

THANKS!

I vote Republican though...